My birthday is December 22nd.
Tim's birthday is February 22nd.
22 was my H.S. soccer jersey number.
22 is my favorite number and the theme for this workout.
22 exercises. 22 reps.
Super duper good fun.
Warm up: 5-8 minutes of your favorite cardio/dynamic stretching movements
Equipment: light hand weights (3-8 lbs) , mat, YOU
1. 22 squats
2. 22 alternating forward lunges
3. 22 jumping jacks
4. 22 alternating reverse lunges
5. 22 alternating overhead presses
6. 22 bent over rows
7. 22 anterior deltoid raises
8. 22 pushups (good times!)
9. 22 side-lying leg lifts (target outer thigh muscles here...abductors)
10. 22 side-lying leg lifts (target outer thigh muscles here...abductors)
12. 22 alternating leg v-ups (weight over chest, lift upper body and one leg up and touch weight to toe, then lay back down and repeat with other leg)
13. 22 chest press on floor (option to hold bridge while pressing weights over chest)
13. 22 mountain climber legs while holding plank
14. 22 moving bridge lifts (hold bridge and lower hips down and up, engaging glutes)
15. 22 wide squats
16. 22 burpees (more good times!)
17. 22 alternating side lunges (step out to the side, hips/knees/toes turn in direction of lunge to side, slight hip hinge, step feet back together and step out to other side and repeat)
18. 22 high knees
19. 22 bicep curls
20. 22 overhead tricep extensions
21. 22 v-sit twists
22. 22 alternating knee drops while holding forearm plank
Warm down/stretch: 5 minutes
Welcome and thank you for visiting this site. I'm happy and grateful to have a place where I can write about fitness and wellness. In addition to blogging about exercise and sharing workouts, I also use this space to tell 200-word stories about the inspiring and amazing people I encounter in this career. I look forward to sharing as many of these journeys as possible, and would love to hear from you if you would like me to tell your story. You can contact me anytime. Thank you so much for your interest and your effort. Think fit...be fit...stay fit! You are stronger than you think. #STYT