I am hoping that Mother Nature read my post yesterday and realizes that after all this snow and cold and rain, we need some balance with sun, blue skies and warm temps. Soon!
Hope you are all doing well and for those of you on the east coast, you are staying warm, cozy, and safe today in this winter/spring weather.
Yesterday I taught a "Mini-Yoga Mala" to my college students. On the equinox and solstice, it is common tradition to practice a Mala which is 108 sun salutations. Since I only have 75 minutes with my students, I offered them an abbreviated version of 27 sun salutations. Three rounds of 9 salutations each. We used "balance" as our overarching theme for class and then had a separate dedication for each of the three rounds.
Today I share these three dedications with you as a framework for establishing some balance. Remember that the beginning of this challenge is all about creating a healthy mindset and keeping it all simple.
Here are the three dedications:
*Let go of the past.*
*Practice being present.*
*Practice patience and create space for our intentions to manifest."
1. Think about what you wrote or considered yesterday. Where and what are the imbalances that you hope to work on?
2. Set aside 5 minutes today to create three statements using these intentions and the area of imbalance.
My imbalance is sleep. I need more to balance what I do during the day.
Here are my three intentions:
1. I intend to let go of past habits of staying up late to do work, answer emails, read messages on my phone.
2. I intend to listen to my body's cues and go to bed when I'm tired (of course this is after my children are tucked in...which means I gotta get them to bed earlier too!) :-)
3. I intend to make small changes to my schedule and my nightly routine to let my sleep habits improve over time.
1. Maybe you already exercised or worked out today or maybe not. If it's still on your "to-do" list.....get 20 minutes of movement into your day somehow. Use my ideas from yesterday or make time for the gym, a walk, or some snow-shoveling!
Have lovely afternoon.
Welcome and thank you for visiting this site. I'm happy and grateful to have a place where I can write about fitness and wellness. In addition to blogging about exercise and sharing workouts, I also use this space to tell 200-word stories about the inspiring and amazing people I encounter in this career. I look forward to sharing as many of these journeys as possible, and would love to hear from you if you would like me to tell your story. You can contact me anytime. Thank you so much for your interest and your effort. Think fit...be fit...stay fit! You are stronger than you think. #STYT